Monday, July 23

Bronx kids spending summer in China


For the next two weeks, the Daily News will be featuring dispatches from a dozen students from Bronx Lab High School, who are spending a couple of weeks in China as part of the school's expeditionary learning curriculum. The first post, by 16-year-old Shipnia Bytyqi, is up now. She writes:

Going to Shanghai a year before I move on to college will help me grow as a person and also help me be more open-minded towards various opportunities. If I can go to China at 16, I can do anything, anywhere, anytime.
You can check the Daily News blog for updates on the group's experience teaching Chinese kids about American culture. And let us know in the comments about other interesting summer adventures schools have organized for their kids.

No comments: